ASP.NET is a framework that many web developers use. It stands for Active Server Pages. NET. This framework is object-oriented, which can assist in creating reusable classes, standardized codes, and much more.
In this article, we will discuss what ASP.NET is and why you should be using it.
ASP.NET is a web application framework that was created by Microsoft. It was started in the 2000s and runs on Windows. Web services can be created using ASP.NET. It also supports a number of programming models to build website applications, such as ASP.NET web forms and web pages.
There are many reasons as to why you should be using ASP.NET.
1. It is an open source, and free to use! And since it was developed by Microsoft, you know that you can count on your software not expiring. Microsoft stays on top of their development platforms.
2. The website can be fast and very effective when ASP.NET is used. Their applications are compiled. This means they are executed once the code has been translated to object code. It only takes a short amount of time for this to happen, and it only needs to happen once. After the initial execution, it will continue to run over and over.
3. It is very popular to use and known worldwide. In fact, it is one of the most popular ones on the internet to use. Chances are the reason for its popularity is because it runs on IIS. IIS is what a majority of the corporations used a long time ago, and now IIS servers make up about 28% of the internet.
4. It can be used on so many different platforms. Linux, Apple, and Windows all run great with this framework.
5. ASP.NET is cost-effective. An ASP.NET code can be written using a text editor, free programming tools, and the Visual Studio application, which is free through the community edition.
6. The performance of ASP.NET is astonishing. Caching services and just-in-time compilations are utilized, as is early binding.
7. Continuous monitoring is provided. Any pages that are running will be monitored. If there is any activity that should not be happening, the activity will be destroyed immediately, and it will restart. Such activities may include memory leaks or infinite loops.
8. Tasks are simple to perform using ASP.NET. These tasks include deployment, site configuration, and client authorization.
9. Object-oriented programming is used when writing ASP.NET. These languages may include VB.net or C#. This is perfect for code organization and reuse.
10. ASP.NET is server-side technology. This means the code will be executed before it has been sent to the browser.
11. All databases can be used. This includes Microsoft SQL server, MariaDB, MYSQL, CouchDB, MonoDB, and Postgres. Microsoft SQL can have software licenses that are on the expensive side, however, the free Express version will work quite nicely for many.
12. Deployment has never been easier. There is no longer the need to register components. This information will already be built into the system.
As you can see, there are many reasons why ASP.NET should be considered. One can really benefit from using this framework when they are developing their websites or web applications. If you are uncertain if you can benefit from using ASP.NET, consider contacting IB Systems USA. They will be able to assist you in keeping you informed of up to date information on the internet and ASP.NET, as well as help you with building a website that is of high quality.