No matter what type of company you have, each person you employ has a duty to protect it from cyber-attacks. Therefore, it is best to teach your employees some cyber security tips that can help keep your website and company safe.
To help your company stay safe, we have developed the best web security tips for all of your staff to employ.
- Keep your cyber security policy up to date. Technology is constantly changing, so what worked five or ten years ago probably will not work when it comes to web security. All employees should be trained so they know and fully understand your cyber security policy.
- Cyber security should also include robust authentication for any of your company’s employees. Multi-factor authentication is the best way to do this, such as using a pin with a smart card. If you decide this is not an option for your company, you can make your employees use strong passwords with combinations of lower and upper case numbers and symbols.
- Look over your network security controls. They may need to be replaced or updated. You may also consider looking into a cloud-based security solution for extra security.
- Safety violations and various kinds of security events are unavoidable. It is very crucial to always be willing to compromise in order to mitigate the damage. At the same time, organizations should be prepared to discover security events at the earliest possible moment. This not only means that security engineers are ready to find and examine shady action, but the staff is additionally enlightened on what possible indicators of incidents are and how to account for them. It furthermore means that preferably, your company should possess the cultivation of integrity and avoid punishing staff for naive faults.
- Make your employees aware of cyber security. Many companies do very little training in this aspect. An hour here or there is a small amount that is seen as a waste of time. Instead, there needs to be a shift in understanding how web security actually works and why it is so crucial. Small changes can be made, and your staff will eventually see that this security is indeed worth it.
- Everyone likes staff that is trusting, yet it is just too easy these days for individuals to pretend to be someone they are not. Therefore, your employees should know what to look for in emails to be certain they are legitimate. If you are still not sure, call the person that sent it to double-check.
- Be careful on the network you are using, taking care to select a private one when available. Use your own network when you are at home working, and stay clear of public WiFi networks, such as coffee bars.
- Always be ready. Even if a company works a lot to offer web security, an attack could still happen. You need to be ready for these attacks by utilizing anti-malware software and completely patching your operating system and applications. Nevertheless, some strikes will be successful no matter what is done, so be ready for it. For instance, ransomware hits can leave your information and devices unreachable. Ensure you have copies of your info per your firm’s procedures, and occasionally look that the standbys are operating correctly. This guarantees that your data is guarded if anything is erroneous.
If you require assistance with your website’s cyber security in Clearwater, FL, do not hesitate to contact IB Systems USA.